How and When to Reserve Our Spaces
Our department offers four spaces that are reservable through 25Live. Our spaces are “first-come, first-seated” lounge space. Our spaces are for the space only. AV equipment, tables, or chairs cannot be requested for use in our center; however, furniture can be moved if needed. Catering and/or food is allowed on a case-by-case basis and i3b staff must be contacted in advance. In order to reserve our space, you must have 25Live scheduling privileges. If you are unsure about your scheduler status or require further assistance, please contact Campus Life’s Events and Conference Services Staff.
Please limit your functions in our center to the recommended room capacities. When reserving The Mosaic, please see the Commons front desk staff to be let into the space or make prior arrangements with our staff. For the Interfaith and Pride Centers, ensure you and your guest all have their UMBC identification (Black and Gold) card to enter the spaces. Finally, before submitting this request, please read “The i3b Reservation Agreement” listed below.
Identity, Inclusion, and Belonging Centers Reservation Agreement:
I and/or my group agrees to leave our Centers in good condition. This means:
- The center will be left generally clean and tidy,
- All tables and chairs will be returned to their original locations,
- All center property, including print materials will be straightened and reset,
- All non-food related trash will be placed in trash cans and all food trash will be disposed of outside the centers,
- (If applicable and if used) The whiteboard will be wiped clean,
- Office supplies and desks will be left untouched and respected
- The lights will be turned off,
- The door will be closed upon exiting the space and,
- (For Mosaic Only) The Commons Information Desk staff will be notified at the end of your event/meeting so they can lock the door.
If damage does occur or present before your arrival, please report it to i3b staff immediately. If you and/or your group fail to adhere to this agreement, your reservation privileges may be suspended or revoked for the remainder of the semester and/or academic year.
Space Capacity and Details
Please note that our spaces are only reservable during the Fall and Spring semesters, unless approved by i3b staff. These hours may be subject to change based on staff availability or i3b departmental events, training, and reservations.
Please use the following key terms in quotes to search our spaces on 25Live:
- The Mosaic | Room Capacity: 25
- Reservation Availability: Outside of the Mosaic business hours, seven days a week during The Commons Building hours of operation.
- Gathering Space for Spiritual Well-Being | Room Capacity (COVID-19): 25
- Reservation Availability: Currently M – F, during normal building hours of operation.
- Subject to change based upon future staffing availability.
- The Pride Center | Room Capacity: 20
- Reservation Availability: Noon – 1 p.m. and after 4 p.m. Monday – Friday and weekends during University Center hours of operation.