PRIDE Week 2023 Details & Pride Center Hours
Check out the final updates for our event line-up!
Hello Pride Center Community Members and Campus Partners,
TLDR: PRIDE Week is happening next week! All the things you need to know are linked below. Support us by using the #umbci3bprideweek2023 on all of your social media accounts to let us know you want PRIDE Week to continue in the future. Follow us on Linktree and Instagram for everything Pride!
It is with great excitement that we share the upcoming details for our first ever PRIDE Week with i3b! As a reminder, PRIDE Week will be taking place all of next week April 24 - April 29, kicking off with a Sneak Peak Preview today! In this collaborative effort, we would like to invite you to all of our events. We have linked each of them below with up to date information to make it easier for you to locate the separate links.
- Today, Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- PRIDE Week Sneak Peak Tabling | 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 pm | The Breezeway
- Monday, April 24, 2023
- “P” is for Professional Development: Exploring Allyship and Advocacy in the Workplace | 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. | Virtual via WebEx Events
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- “R” is for Religious InQueeries: What’s the (T)ea with Exploring Religion as a Queer Person? | 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. | The Gathering Space for Spiritual Well-Being (The Center for Well-Being 103)
- Wednesday, Apri 26, 2023
- “I” is for Intersections: The Cultural Intersection of Identity and Expression: How to be a Better Ally to Queer People of Color | 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. | The Mosaic: Center for Cultural Diversity (The Commons 2B23)
- Thursday, April 27, 2023
- “D” is for Disease Prevention & Education: A Community Conversation About Sex in the Dark | 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. | The Pride Center (University Center 201D)
- Friday, April 28, 2023
- “E” is for Expression: The People of Pride Photoshoot & Queer Resource Fair | 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. | The Commons: Mainstreet
- Saturday, April 29, 2023
- Association for Suicide Prevention: Out of the Darkness Campus Walk | 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.| The Center for Well-Being
- Drag Bingo with (seb) | 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. | The Commons: The Skylight Room
- Thursday, May 4, 2023
- STI & Sexual Health Resources and HIV Screening: STI Awareness Trivia | 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. | The Center for Well-Being: First Floor Lounge
As you may imagine this is quite a big undertaking for our small professional and student staff team. As such, we will be adjusting the hours of The Pride Center to accommodate for programming. Below are the dates and times that will be impacted by our programming.
- Today, Wednesday, April 19, 2023: 1:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 24, 2023: Regular Hours
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023: Center Closed from 4:00 p.m.- 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, Apri 26, 2023: Center Closing at 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 27, 2023: Regular Hours
- Friday, April 28, 2023 & Remaining Fridays for the Spring 2023 Semester: Center Closed
- Saturday, April 29, 2023: Center Closed
- Thursday, May 4, 2023: Center Open 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
We appreciate your flexibility and encourage you all to either join our events or visit our other i3b spaces. We would also like to thank all of our co-sponsors:
- The Student Government Association,
- The Office of Health Promotions,
- The LGBTQ Student Union,
- The Queer & Trans People of Color,
- The Gathering Space for Spiritual Well-Being,
- The Mosaic: Center for Cultural Diversity,
- The Maryland Health Department,
- the Student Events Board (seb),
- commonvision with Student Affairs Creative Services,
- and all the campus partners who will be joining us at our resource fair.
As this is our first year doing this initiative, we would love you to let us know that you’ve been at one of our events either by sharing something you’ve learned or a picture at one of our events by using our
As always, our i3b staff strives to create the most inclusive environment possible. If you need to request a disability-based accommodation or have any questions? Contact us at email@example.com. For our uploaded event recordings, attendee lists, works cited, and other materials, please check out our Initiatives for Identity, Inclusion & Belonging (i3b) Events Drive. Materials will be available in this Google Drive within one business week after the event unless otherwise specified.
-The Pride Center Staff Team
Posted: April 19, 2023, 9:14 AM